Everybody has approximately same number of neurons in their brains. Yet each person’s thinking and behaviour is different. Whatever experiences we have and our response to these experiences creates neurological patterns in our brain. Neurological programming is when you start doing something subconsciously, somewhat like driving or cycling.
What is NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)?
Neurological patterns are created as our neurons fire and pass messages to the next neuron. NLP is the study of how people structure their thoughts, feelings, words, and actions to get the outcomes they do.
It gives people a way to model the great things that great minds and pioneers in their field have done. NLP can also be used to help people improve themselves and do well in business.
Why should we use NLP techniques?
If we take examples of famous people and feel inspired, we naturally go a step further and think about how can we model their success. We can find effective thinking patterns and habits so that we can integrate such thinking patterns into our subconscious mind.
People who are successful, are ready to undertake actions that other individuals aren’t. Among these actions are NLP techniques that help one understand oneself and other people. NLP books are an effective way to transform your mind and your existence, and you can begin using these techniques right away.
Which are the best NLP books to help in personal transformation?
Listed below are two best books on NLP with techniques and guidelines on how to use them for personal transformation.
1. The Ultimate Introduction to NLP
- Author Richard Bandler and others.
- Publisher Harper Collins
- Year of publication 2013
- Pages 160
- Genre – Health, Motivational Self-Help
- Stars 4.5 out of 5
Author Richard Bandler is one of the pioneers of neurolinguistic programming research from the 1970s. Leading names of NLP, Alessio Robertio and Owen Fitzpatrick have collaborated with Richard Bandler to create this highly influential book that has the power to impact your life and help you live the life you wish to live.
The techniques target the limiting beliefs that hold dreams and aspirations within boundaries and make them difficult to achieve. This book is available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle editions.
2. The Essential Guide to Neuro-Linguistic Programming (Kindle)
- Author Tom Dotz and others.
- Publisher – William Morrow Paperbacks
- Year of publishing 2013
- Pages 482
- Genre – Self-Help for Success
- Stars 4.5 out of 5
Each person has a thinking pattern, while some people use thinking patterns by default, there are others who manipulate their thinking by using NLP techniques given by masters in the area. If you are tired of the same repetitive life, it’s time you tried NLP to create a new life for yourself and the people around you.
These NLP techniques and strategies operate at a personal and interpersonal level. They can help remodel your brain and break free to become more productive and motivated, among several other benefits. The book is available free on Amazon with a free Audible trial. Kindle edition is also available.
Why NLP techniques given in the books are useful?
So, the good news is that NLP can change our thinking patterns and habits. Changing the state of mind by choice can change neurological patterns. NLP can help us change how we respond to stimuli.
If we cannot break out of unhealthy or undesirable habits, then NLP can help us to break out our limiting beliefs and patterns. Break the negative state of mind and change with repeated changes in what we tell ourselves.
Benefits of NLP technique books
- Helps to make new habits and get rid of old ones.
- Changes state of mind.
- Shortens the time needed to set up new habits.
- Creates new habits, like going to bed on time.
- Identifies and addresses limiting beliefs.
- Inculcates empowering beliefs.
- Builds better relationships with people quickly.
- Eliminates a lot of irrational fears, anxieties, hopelessness, and stress.
- Break free from unhelpful impulsive decision-making.
- Replaces limiting beliefs with positive ones.
NLP books teach the deep processes that control our brains. There are profound mechanisms that control and steer our brains in a certain direction.
We experience the world around us differently based on our neural connections. Negative scripting makes it hard for us to move forward in life. Parents and society teach us sterotypes related to gender, age, appeareance, community, traditions, etc and set boundaries from the time we are young, whether we are aware of it or not. This is why NLP books can help rebuild patterns and structure to take a new direction.
Also read other articles
- What is Resilience?
- Do People Read Anymore?
- Do Epic Shit by Ankur Warikoo
- Amazing self help books for young adults
- Best Jhumpa Lahiri’s books: 5 Must-reads of the Indian-American author
- Best HR Books for Beginners
- Difference Between Fact and Opinion
- Amazing fiction books for young adults
- Best Ruskin Bond books for children and teens
- How to improve reading comprehension for beginner readers
- Best Study Tables For Kids